Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nautical Disaster

So, I have a friend whose husband is actually in the navy (the navy? the seaman's club? see, I'm really dumb about all things nautical, and you'll see just how dumb in a moment ...) and she was kind enough to point out that in my last post, I mention that I was on a boat and everyone was asked to go "starbird". Which is how it's pronounced. But really, it's starboard.
I stand corrected! If I were the captain of the ship, I would have a very confused crew, indeed. (Or would I? Because I would say starbird and it would sound like starboard so everyone would know where they're supposed to go. Hmmm. I guess I'd be the only confused one. Which is why I'm not in the navy. Or the seaman's club. Or even a yacht club member.)
Ahoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not in the navy, but I knew that because I rowed. You didn't know I was so sporty, did you? But, I think "starbird" works if you say it with a pirate twang! Besides, let's be honest, you wouldn't be yelling "starbird" or "starboard". You'd be saying "Sexy Sailor! Fetch me another Mojito!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cash Making Opportunities - The Beginning The working life is already tough enough, but the worries of being out of work was even tougher. The unsecured working environment have prompted me to search the internet for an alternative source of extra income so that I could learn how to Make Money Work for me and be Financially Independent. I listed down a number of Free Internet Business Opportunity Ideas while researching ways how people earn money online while working-from-home.......

    www.onlineuniversalwork.com

    ReplyDelete