Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thunder From Down Under


Treehugger Tuesday seems the perfect spot to talk about John Butler, who I saw perform at the Phoenix last night.

John Butler makes me feel like being a hippie isn't lame. (Even though I am kind of alarmed by his super long fingernails, which my husband explained he uses as guitar picks. And he is a really good guitar player. But still.)

Anyway, any man who can sing as passionately about his wife and daughter as he does about treating mother earth with respect is alright with me. Last night's version of my fave song, Peaches and Cream, was even better than this, but it was the only one I could find on You Tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5p-05HvAhc

So here he is, the man who inspired the Riley character in my book because, well, as my lovely gal pal Lisa once put it, who wouldn't go for the cute Australian musician guy? (Not me, of course. I go for the cute computer nerd type with the rockstar alter ego. Much safer in the long term. Also, no wierd long fingernails, because you don't need those for playing air guitar.)



xo Marissa

2 comments:

  1. I liked his short hair better, even though I never saw him with his long hair. Too bad we couldn't have convinced him to have charcuterie and wine with us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. John is probably a veggie-tarian. I bet Nicky Bomba aka Mel Gibson's son would have been totally into pre-show cocktails and meat, though.

    ReplyDelete