Friday, June 19, 2009

Update: I'm not the world's leading slattern, and happy father's day to all

My dad just emailed to say he's been trying to leave a comment about my last post, but he can't figure out how. So here it is: (Since it's father's day on the weekend, I thought I'd do the old guy a favour and allow his voice to be heard ...)

Issa, I love your blogs! Being a moron, tho, I can't figure out how to post a comment. It's the ID thing that keeps messing me up. I was trying to post a comment saying how "even the great Bruce Stapley sent samples of columns to 50 papers in Southern Ontario before finally being taken on as a full time freelancer by the Stouffville Tribune while unemployed and STILL having Molly Maid come in to clean his sister's house where he was living! So you aren't the world's leading slattern afterall! Ha!"

Keep your chin up, Iss! We think you are a great, yet to be discovered writer!


Love, Dad

And there, in a nutshell, is my dad. He's the world's greatest, and I really mean it - the moron thing aside. He's also a great writer, and I can only hope I've inherited an iota of his talent.

Happy father's day, Dad -- and happy father's day to all the other great dad's out there, my husband included.

Have a great weekend!

xo Marissa

1 comment: