Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Treehugger Tuesday meets Meat Free Monday

(Treehugger Tuesday is much catchier than Eco-friendly Tuesday, don't you think?)

Today I'm pressed for time. That's because I'm writing that outline I was procrastinating yesterday. But I do have time to post this link, which is about Meat Free Mondays, a phenomenon I think may just overtake Treehugger Tuesday in terms of global popularity.

http://meatfreemondays.co.uk/

The Meat Free Mondays site is about going meat free on Mondays. Obviously. But it also provides a lot of useful information, such as why opting out of the huge-carbon-footprint-inducing meat industry for one day a week is a good idea, and how to go meat free and still enjoy your meals. Oh, and there are wine pairings. And a list of cool (and a few sort of uncool, depending on who you ask) veggie celebs. Like Paul McCartney. Who I at least think is cool. How could Paul McCartney be wrong, I ask you?



(Okay, so he was wrong about Heather Mills. And that My Brave Face song, which my dad has affectionately dubbed My Brain Hurts. But otherwise ... well, he's Paul. If I were a Beatle, I think I'd probably be Paul. I know it's more hipster cool to say you'd be Ringo, or George, but I'm going to be honest: I'd be Paul. I would not marry Heather Mills, but I would be a vegetarian. At least on Mondays.)

xo Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment